Tuesday, February 9, 2016

reckless and I'm doin alright!

oy -  all the superbowl gaga and beyonce and famous people adoration (or loathing) on social media...

I mean I appreciate talent and entertainment (or don't) but not quite sure I understand the overabundance? especially the hateful things people say...it can't possibly make people feel better to spew nastiness like that? 

Really I kinda want to offer any famous person our extra bedroom,
we can go sit at a bar, read together or marathon watch golden girls, their choice - cause really it must be wearing and mentally exhausting to be constantly surrounded by that extreme energy.
Plus my dog loves to make new friends and give kisses. 

speaking of friends! - lord knows I've got NOLA love but nope...no fat tuesday celebration- we're going wine and tapas tonight.
we've hit the point of avoiding the amateurs and massively marketed holidays altogether really.
Especially valentine's day for me and jamie....(mostly me) ugh vomit the unrealistic expectations on this "assigned day". Women who terrify their men on this day should be ashamed of themselves and must MUST stop reading Cosmo articles titled "sex moves - awaken your force, light his saber" thinking that will make everything better....ugh.....

and so book-wise:
My American Dutchess - good! kinda fluffy-but-i-don't-care quick read. wonder how she's gonna bring the brother around?
Wicked, Sexy Liar - good, read it through....I think I figured out what was bothering me about this one.... I think it's his age? Not to sound like a hypocrite, being that I met Jamie when I was 22 -  but, 24, (especially for his character) is too young to settle them that way.
I've seen it too many times where people rush into things (or are pressured into settling) and it always ends wrong.

ooo it's 5:14. Almost time to go.....It's a reckless day today!:
I got a phone call today
from a girl who walked away
But I hung it up before I heard what it was she had to say
Hey say may
Well I drank all day
Damnit I told her
I'm doin' alright