Monday, April 18, 2016

i see you lonely across the board

The Arkansas Derby in Hot Springs was interesting (and very crowded).
I wore my fancy pink fascinator. Jamie and i even matched - nerds yep ha. but fun!
I banked on a $36 winner (score!)....not so lucky money otherwise. 
And thanks to random strangers Diane and her friend for giving us a ride away from the track - nice people are the best. 

Besides that, the group we sat with (friends of friends) had a strange vibe.
Arkansas nice  - the southern that dallas has lost -  but all I think is it must be very difficult to bear the weight of most everyone around you knowing that you come from/have/are connected to a lot of money - and only seeing that...

My introvert observationist (is that a word?) always comes out in these situations - 


I see it time and again -  the expectations, calculating, hangers-on - and probable doubting of authenticity of everyone around them must be exhausting.
They're constantly surrounded and still, for the most part, it seems a lonely (and...jaded?) existence to me -  makes me wonder if they're ever truly happy

Finished - Kresley Cole's - The Player - and I'm thinking maybe if I read it again I'll like it better? I just couldn't sink in with this one like I usually can with her? Not bad but ....i can't place it.