Tuesday, April 4, 2017

the hating game

Saw/read a recap of my state reps "almost secret" town hall from Friday - it must be a huge learning curve to go from pretty much doing what you want, to being questioned about mostly everything. Times are a-changed. I've certainly have anyway...and still it seems I'm in the super minority of people interested in policy around these parts.

The more things change though....
Friday night Randy Rogers band - I forgot he got famous and was shocked at all the people there. He sounded as good as I remember. Good on him. I looked really cute with my boots - with that said my days of wearing higher heeled shoes/boots to see a band are pretty much done. I can't hang.
Monkey noodle/dumplings was good. Deep Ellum was bonkers. Uber was $117 to leave so we hopped the train for a stop and got home on $26 from an uber there.

Saturday crawfish boil - fun times...such a mess.

Rangers opening day tailgating yesterday - more fun times, it's just so freaking crowded now. bleh. I guess as with most everything else lately, it doesn't feel like it should be baseball season yet. Plus, our bullpen....*smh*

Finished The Hating Game - Sally Thorne - can totally see why I'd heard about it from different sources. the slow burn at it's limit. Throwback Day/Hudson/Montague/Capulet but modern feel. good get.