Tuesday, April 11, 2017

we vented husbands and politics. it was quite cathartic.

Meant to go to the Mega March but stayed and talked with my oldest best gal pal instead.
Every 6 months or so we try to catch up on everything in a few hours.
I swear our attention span and staying on topic is that of a squirrel.
or chipmunk?
Yes we vented husbands and politics, jobs etc.  it was cathartic. I highly recommend.
 We also saw "Get Out" - she dragged me - i'm not a fan of paying for things that scare me. I had a Stephen King/Dean Koontz phase a long time ago. I'm good.
mostly suspenseful/macabre -   eye opening in a way but generalizing in others. Again, I'm disheartened, 'cause all I could think is "there goes another one a girl ruined" I'll stick to my romance and HEA. thank you.

Back to the march, most everyone I know look at me funny and/or think that marching is pointless or isn't important -
I think it has a point and it is important - plus it's quintessential American. Someone said this:
They seem very similar to pep rallies the day of a football game. The pep rallies don't actually play the game and they certainly don't win the game. But they do:
a) generate "team spirit", and 
b) show the team all the people who support them, which will in turn c) increase likely game attendance later that day, which then 
d) buoys the spirits of the players who are actually playing the game, making it more likely that they will win.
I don't see why I wouldn't attend more through my lifetime.

we saw Charley Crockett in Bedford.
it's like a whole other land Bedford? kinda fun. 
As far as he went, I liked him - a little odd and awesome blend of old country and new orleans sound. Official fan. Plus you have to wonder how life-shaping it is to know you've come from a revered historical figure...

We went to see Jason Boland @ L&W and it was freaking packed - I've lost my interest for seeing more well-known bands at that venue. He still sounded good.

Finished #2 (good - as always - until the "you don't really love me" part. Ugh. he said it, he meant it. move on!)  and half through #3 of Essex EJames.
Also side re-reading LIone's Hades.
Tried reading "The Nest" - lost interest.