Tuesday, May 2, 2017

if you hesitate between the other person and me, don't pick me.

we didn't do much this weekend - scary to think how tornadoes (yet again) missed us by about 60 miles.

Finished Mariana - I vacillate between liking the surprise ending and not - kinda left hanging ...but maybe that's ok? I was definitely surprised.

KColes Wicked Abyss - beauty and the beast feel yeah...i liked it. Didn't love it. 

Heat Wave - Karina Halle - it's well enough written in that I'm close to finishing. Not a one-shot from me though basically from the beginning -
 cause seriously, I just read a quote that read "if you hesitate between the other person and me, don't pick me." This should always hold true.

with all the chaos since EO Jan. I've had LOTS of opinions but I decided to try educate myself as much as I could about just one bill going through the Texas house/senate (to hopefully satisfy my ocd to have one complete thought not doubting myself)
I chose SB4 - and now I almost wish I didn't know how awful,  totally off-base and in a lot of cases just plain racist some people with their opinions are when it comes to this bill -
then I could just be ignorant
and maybe better off?
It's seems like more and more - agendas are hidden behind words like safety, military or women/children. (super "1984"-like)

Then I heard the news that a  frat at Baylor - yes the school that my nephew is going to in the Fall - threw a cinco de mayo party. Awesome right ?- sombreros and margaritas...and margaritas and fun!
Well apparently several  decided to dress as construction workers and maids,  paint their face brown and chant "Build that wall" as part of their "fun" ....
ugh...why'd they gotta cross that line like that *smh* bleh.
That's all I'll say about that...for now


And so we No Doubt - my Mini Sheldonita played it this morning - I swear it's like she knows what I want to hear