Tuesday, June 27, 2017

suddenly you and (i saw) red queen

was watching the Roald Dahl "Faceoff" episode the other day,
Jamie walks in and says "who's Roald Dahl?"
I looked at him like this

*sigh* only the one who hooked me into the wonderful world of books Jamie....

we were invited and stopped over to some friends of friends house....very nice OU folk we've met a little through years. Parents of a special needs boy - he's old enough now where they can start to come out of their shell. A lot of Jamie's friends are getting to where they have kids old enough and can start to come out to play.
It's pretty interesting to witness how it's almost like they're kind of coming out of a cave -  unsteady on how to be still young, but not who they used to be.

Re-read - Larissa Ione's Passion Unleashed.

Finished Suddenly You - Lisa Kleypas - (I joined a FB group dedicated to old school romances from Jude D's page... and lord I can't keep up with all the reco's! It's so exciting but I can't hang. It's like the politically active info....can only take in small doses. heh.) So anyway...this one was one of my favorites (if not the favorite?) of hers. She's an author, he's not who she thinks he is, sparks, nothing immature... I liked them both a lot.

About to finish the second in Victoria Aveyard's YA Red Queen series (glass sword) - slow going but it's keeping me hanging on. It's just hard to transition from well paced/written/edited to a YA that has a lot of potential but a lot of unnecessary-ness (pretty sure that's not a word...oh well)

Bought the new Sarah MacLean - probably can't get to it till Friday. we'll see.

Every major Texas city (except Fort Worth) has joined the lawsuit against the state of Texas regarding SB4....I just  have to think....does this not even a little sway reps? How do they continue to ignore things?  (i dunno -  I've asked mine and the silence continues....)