Monday, September 11, 2017

believe in you

thought I was gonna have a battle on my hands with AA and VRBO to get refunded for the weekend's hurricane/Destin cancellation. Surprisingly (and gratefully) not so!

So I volunteered to help make care packages for Houston - had to be there by 8am (half asleep) - there were only like 12 people there.
The owner described the trip to Houston last Thursday. "We pulled up to the church seeing hundreds in a line that wasn't moving. Knocked on the door, there was a small group in a prayer circle. Apparently they had nothing left to offer the people, they had submitted a request for assistance and had to resort to praying as a last resort. Fed 700 people that day. This is why we're here..."

A family was there to volunteer - the mother had a moment and started crying, someone asked her if she was ok, she said "I'm just looking at my boys and how proud I am of them right now..." . It was sweet.

It's definitely manual labor - was sore yesterday - I'm glad I went. I'd go again.

Also took BB to the dog pool day - oy that dog *smh*....
she was happy the first 5 minutes,
nervous at 10 minutes with so many dogs showing up
and made a run for the exit at 15 minutes.
They had to catch her. She got in trouble.

We lasted 18 minutes at the pool.

Finished:
I Knew You Were Trouble - Lauren Layne - actually liked this one, bad timing, hate/love. not bad. 
Challenge - Amy Daws - almost quit after the first few chapters but hung on and she developed the characters better as it went. 
Re-read Eloisa James novella - Winning the Wallflower - again good. 
The Girls: Emma Cline - only a few pages in... 70'sish setting, already losing interest. She's fascinated by "bad" girls....not doing it for me. 

Jamie got home late after going to the Ranger game with his friend....he sang (awfully) Don Williams to me before he could let us go to sleep. And so we Don Williams...cause it's just good music.