Friday, January 5, 2018

Oy. I have no idea how people with kids do it...I can't hardly keep up with my own schedule. Looking at the calendar - most weekends through June seem to be filling up already!

Family cruise ship to Alaska is booked - lord...we'll be locked on a ship for the first 3 nights.
I'll stock up on books but ....I'm going to go stir crazy...Jamie's going to make sure it happens.

So one of the books I read last is a las vegas story -
The only time I've ever stayed up til the sun came up was in LV....dark rooms, bright lights...you have no idea what time it is. 

Several friends/family the last few months asked for suggestions on what to do "for cheap"....i struggle, LV is not the place to go to if you don't have any money.
First time I went was in college with my best friend at the time. Her grandma lived in a mobile home - so we had that free at least. ( I'd never been in one before...if she hadn't told me it was a mobile home I wouldn't have noticed. It was a big 3 bedroom.)

Anyway, we had no idea what we were doing, and had no money to do it with. We walked a lot and got blisters on our feet cause all the signs look like they're "just right there" We drove over to hoover dam...that was cheap. But yeah LV isn't the city to go to if you have no money.
Jamie has a work thing out there in May, I might go with him...last time (I think my 5th time?) I swore would be the last time to go. It seems to keep drawing me back in...?


My mom is on her way up. We leave for New Orleans day trip tomorrow.
I still have Christmas stuff I haven't put away...I'm trying to convince Jamie we go on NYD party hiatus next year....I'm beat every time....and this year wasn't even crazy....we'll see.

Finished:
Lessons from a Scandalous Bride: Forgotten Princesses - Sophie Jordan - girl is "recognized" by father, tries to marry an old man to provide for siblings but distracted by Scottish guy. Good, quick ready. 
Good Girl Gone Badd - Jasinda Wilder - the mma fighter brother meets ms. priss that almost gets steamrolled by her father.
Shine Not Burn - Elle Casey - a Las Vegas story...I'm sorry I hear about black out drunk but I think this took it way far. Also, I just have a hard time with the country boy/city girl thing. It's just really far fetched for the way they were written. The vows were pretty funny though. 
Started Christmas Anthology - fnished Lisa Kleypas story -