Wednesday, May 10, 2017

racing

Jamie didn't like my post about Texas last week.
I asked him if he thinks that I liked finding it necessary to post it.

In reality - he has no idea how much I hold my tongue/thoughts....most especially lately.
bleh - being in a bubble is so frustrating now that I know how much it's really there. 

ANNNND  I just saw that less than 12% of registered voters in my county voted in last week's local elections.
11.88% freaking percent !!!

People died for this right...seriously....i don't understand how they can't take 20 minutes out of a day to vote on people making decisions on their behalf (and most especially the school board that make decisions that affect YOUR CHILDREN!).
ugh

and so - moving on - cause that's all i can do-
1.5 hours at the DMV - almost failed my eye exam. I don't remember there being letter vison test like that?!

the Derby - fun day, long day - 70ish ppl -  $1k+ in bets...not bad atall
i wore a fun fruit print dress. I'm not sure people knew what to think of me...one guy said "you look very... citrusy" ha.  yay. Not sure how much $ we've put into it (too much I'm sure)  but it seemed everyone had a good time.

re-read Mercy's story in Psy-Changeling - a real book (not kindle) from my library. this makes me happy. Not sure why holding a real book every once in a while makes me happy. I also love that I have 1k+ books easily accessible in my kindle in my purse. It's fun.