Wednesday, September 6, 2017

ultima noche mad-house cruella

a man pulled up next to me this morning on the way to work and told me he likes my mini and my hair and my smile. Not like creeper-like though... i didn't think so anyway? 
I think he actually just meant it as a simple compliment...
So I said "thank you!"

Interesting is that I've stopped coloring my hair - ...just got tired of coloring it.
I didn't think it was looking so good right now with an inch growth of canas on the front half of my hair  against the pitch black on the back
 Cruella de Vil here I come....

But hey, that was super nice! I'll take it.
and when i want to add in purple or pink or whatever it'll go in much better with white hair! yay.
 Hopefully it'll look okay...? :o/ Jamie seems to think so...

other news - cancelling my trip to Florida this weekend - bummer - but no way am i playing roulette with this craziness. scary. And so worried about Anguilla.
hope I don't run into issues with vrbo and aa.
I am going a little stir crazy - i need to get out of this city...

Just volunteered to help make care packages for Houston on Saturday...figured the chaos to help is winding down so why not right...

moving on...I turned into a hermitting phase and had a reading frenzy this last weekend  - (besides that boost coffee gave me on Saturday morning when I brought all my Fall stuff down from the attic by myself - whew - who needs uppers when you got caffeine right!) I actually think I read too much, and might've hit my reading limit....my poor eyes were dry dry dry the last couple days.



Finished:
Ten Days in a Mad-House Nellie Bly - super interesting non-fiction read 

Blame It on the Duke: The Disgraceful Dukes - Lenora Bell - he asks her cause he has to, she just wants to travel,  - slow going, finished.

The Pleasures of Passion (The Sinful Suitors Book 4) Sabrina Jeffries - young, asks her to run away she says no, he comes back they're grown, she's widowed w/ child and the spark never went away. not bad, finished.

Date a Douchebag - Sara Ney - #1 - was super warry to start this one d-bags are the worst (even saying it in my head sounds awful) library scene, he's dared, she's underestimated, he's clueless, it works out. Actually (surprisingly) really liked it.
Date a Douchebag - Sara Ney - #2 - another library girl, this guy was so unlikable almost passed redemption. She brought him back but liked #1 better.

The Ugly Duchess (Fairy Tales Book 4) Eloisa James - my kindle says it's a re-read, I just couldnt' remember reading it and I actually really liked it. grew up together, forced-ish marriage, he betrays her, goes away, they grow up, he comes back.

The Duke Is Mine (Fairy Tales Book 3) - Eloisa James - i liked it, the opposites attracted....until they have to go away. skim read to the end. 

And I thought of my ita this morning on the way to work - a beautiful day, windows down and jamming an old school spanish song like she used to listen to. And since apparently my president doesn't very much like my kind, i enjoyed it even more....