Thursday, September 28, 2017

battlestar

Had dinner with my oldest gal pal. We hadn't spoken in (5?) months...
'cause life - that's how we do.
I was hoping to tell her story about how exciting her adventure for baby number three was....

but here's just (yet another) story about a pregnancy in Texas that doesn't end well. And she's a nurse...
I think now I'll just say *again* that the maternity care in Texas is a nightmare. (if you're over 35 especially) get an amnio so you know exactly what's going on.
Be your own advocate, cause nobody else will be.

I mean I get the desire to protect life and babies but where's  the urgency to protect the life and well-being of the women who carry those children? ...hell even the basic respect for them to make their own decisions about their own bodies? Where is it?

What else is going on? hmm I completely disconnected last weekend while Jamie was out of town - marathon watched Battlestar Galactica while doing arts and crafts....my book bricks came out nice.

My mom's husband  the devout Trump supporter is from PR  - he's  constantly posting the pictures/videos of the crisis now.  I wonder what he thinks about the response...cause seriously all I can think is there are such things as ships and airplanes....what's taking so long.
But maybe it's just the kind of cynically mood i've come into ....

My father in law asked me yesterday what I thought about the NFL bending knee. I told him it's a free country. He thinks they should "be sent to Afghanistan if they want to disrespect the flag and military like that".

*smh* I'm surrounded. My gal pal suggested that I make more minority friends so I can have more people to talk to that can understand or a least empathize with the thought process...the sad thing was that it was never a conscious decision to associate myself with any specific skintoned person. It bothers me that she even feels the need to offer the suggestion as advice

and it bothers me that I've crossed some sort of line that now partially agrees with her....

Finished
The Game Plan (Game On Series Book 3) - Kristen Callihan - ethan dex the bar scene
Beauty and the Blacksmith: - Tessa Dare -
Walk of Shame (Love Unexpectedly - Lauren Layne - dislike to love, I just couldn't be made to love the gal? Read her defense of romance writers/readers....to her point....why is this even a thing that has to be defended. *ugh*
Then Came You (Gamblers Book 1) - Lisa Kleypas - his past love died, she's has a child held for ransom, chemistry, they help each other.