Tuesday, June 20, 2017

all over the place

so I've been at my job 10 years now.
10 years (!) of herding people and revenue and  account reviews and hurry-up-and-wait.
This year has already been the craziest - I'm not sure where cross-platform media is going but...oy
Needless to say - where before I would've been nagging Jamie for us to start planning next year vacations.
Now not so....

moving on, walked into B&N the other day and kids were running around ruining it. *sigh*
is no place sacred anymore.


speaking of - heard the new Sunny Sweeney  - Bottle by My Bed -  friends commenting on it and their struggles with fertility. I can't relate but kudos to the story/song that means something.
That new selena gomez "it's not me" song ...
i mean it's not bad...it's just after the first few lines wheres the story and how does she sing it live...is it all just pre-recorded?...it has to be.


dammit - I just realized I missed the season premier of FaceOff! I've been marathon/fast-forward watching - loooove that show.

oh and jamie remembered about my blog, stalked me and saw my last venting post about him. oops. oh well.

Finished:
Power Game - Christine Feehan - yeah much better than the last two. In this case the love story complimented the action. It played well. 
Darkest Promise - Gena Showalter - Misery's story.  Lazarus faded for me. Definitely will hold till "paperback" prices for the remaining. And I'm not sure where she's going with the quick 2nd option for William but ooo she has to be careful with that one.
Shadow's Seduction - Kresley Cole - got a little irritated after about the 4th denial from Caspian. started skimming after about the 15th. Not awful...just towards the bottom on my list for KC standards. Especially after totally fan-girling the Dacians so far....

I don't know what happened but when I went to buy 3 new books from "go-to" authors of mine in kindle, they were each around $14+!
Kindle! The paper back was $7.99. I might need to make a u-turn here....or just wait it out.....