Wednesday, July 19, 2017

a story (from a gal on the sideline)

the charity event at the frisco ballpark was this weekend, jamie pretty much single-handedly busted his ass to organize it (I'm constantly baffled at the disorganization of the organization) but hey...they raised $1600+ for Children's hospital/Camp Moss. It's something to be proud of.

It was freaking hot outside there for a bit, but these babies and their families come up in their light blue shirts and didn't complain one bit.
In fact, the parents kept saying "thank you, thank you" getting emotional at seeing their child happy.
Everything they have, they put back into the healthcare of their child.
So it's one thing to give money -  but it's amazing to witness (and have just a little bitty part of) people enjoying their time together.



Finished
The Millionaire Makeover - Naima Simone - it's just....she just falls right back like that? Still, I finished it...that says something....
Riveted: - Jay Crownover - same kind of girl as the one above - so (too?) nice....but just because it isn't what I would do, doesn't mean it doesn't fit the story...i'd read more of hers, just not eager to do so.
Prisoner of My Desire - Johanna Lindsey - actually not finished yet but ...so yeah i forgot about her books and the reality of the terrible history times. Set in that time I don't guess it's far fetched but lord...halfway through and it's a little overkill for this being a romance genre. Really though I can't help to think that Kresley Cole read this book and then wrote her Demon King book (and that book's a favorite soo)....

oy - just vaguely overheard a co-worker that I've known for 10 years re-telling a joke from one of her friends (who's boyfriend is black) with the word "n*****" in it. And she said it.

I don't consider myself a touchy person but  from my point of view,  you say it, even in the context of a story (and especially if you're not Black) you just lowered my perception of you - you make yourself look uneducated and ignorant. I told her I didn't hear the story but now I don't want to hear the story -
I think she took the hint, and we moved on *smh*
Maybe it's just me getting older but I've kinda had it up to "here" with not calling out things and just going with what's they might perceive as "nothing important". I mean...I don't think I'm being confrontational (that never solves anything anyway) but seriously....