Monday, July 31, 2017

all was alright again

we got there just in time to see the last 1100 Springs song Thursday...
very few people were into them... so odd that one of the best country bands out there (IMO) have their best following/shows not in the suburbs (where we were) but way down in deep ellum dallas? 
Huge crowd for Stoney, and yes still surprising from" way back when" seeing him with 20 people in the crowd - speaking of...they were a definitely different crowd - not a lot of younger people - a whole lotta cougar/cross fit/tan gals and/or mommy looking types. Guess that's what happens in the suburbs.
I was wearing an old school JBS cap and he commented on it from the stage.
Super nice to have a $12 uber ride to/from this new venue...

Saturday - charlie's bar and went to dinner with the M's down in bishop arts - we went on to see charley crockett. Loved it. Good times. Fun times.
Wanted to go back to NOLA. Good for the soul. And all was alright again.


That gal - Nikki Hill - was good too -following her.


Finished:
The Governess Was Wicked - Julia Kelly - meh.
Beauty and the Mustache - Penny Reid - the sister of the six brothers. I liked what she did with this one. I'd kinda forgotten about her. I'll get the others. 
Shameless - Cherrie Lynn - short story...umm you over hear him and that's it?...it's just a little icky. 
Royally Raised - Emma Chase - short - i liked the look into the older them
The Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo - Amy Schumer -  so i finished this one. yep I think if we took compatibility tests she and I would be highly matched. Since I've never had a one-night stand I'm glad she shared hers. That's the only good one I think I've ever heard. And of course she loves New Orleans...of course she does...(besides that weird doll obsession?) I'm just such a fan.  
Also, oddly the most interesting is just the basic stuff about growing up rich and poor in that part of the world. I know nothing about "living on top of people" or people that just live off their parents like how she described.

Surrounded by every food imaginable ....and I'm eating a Wendy's salad - (i had 3 donuts, 2 kolaches and pizza yesterday. oy...but hey we were in hangover recovery...)
I thought I'd be sad - salad makes me sad...but  I like how they cut the lettuce pieces small - trying to shove a piece of over-sized lettuce into your mouth just ruins everything.
ooo - just saw religious leaders are joining the lawsuit against SB4- right on!
 was a no-brainer to me...what took so long really?...
Beltre hit 3k
...it's the little things :)