Tuesday, July 11, 2017

not knowing

we did a random day trip adventure on Saturday - packed a cooler, the M's picked us up @ 10a, and we headed north.
Jamie and I had no idea where we were going - cause why not -  it's part of the fun.



So up we went to Clark's in Tioga, to Arbuckle Wilderness park in Oklahoma, down to (lose my ass again) at Winstar (seriously....they owe me money) and then breweries in Pilot Point.

and I just have to vent a little - my dear, sweet friend M is turning into a full fledged stick in the mud middle-aged adult. And I have no idea how to tell her to stop. She didn't used to be that way?!
It's supposed to be a relaxing/fun time but a lot of the time she was worried, or harping on her husband about something...oy.
I advised her that she needed a drink....but since she refused.  And she's so nice and sweet about it I can't even be my default "strait up bitch real" to her about being a buzzkill. I gently asked her why she's become such a worry wart - she responded sadly  "I don't know....I guess it's because I'm 40 now?..." and that was the end of that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ whadayagonnado...
so I proceeded to take my own advice and got a little tipsy. :) Besides that hiccup...the day was fun!

side note: that "wilderness park" ....i'll never understand the need to cage animals, especially exotic animals, for people's amusement. Want to know what a white tiger looks/acts like? Youtube it. I guarantee it's not normal for a newborn white tiger cub to be pacing in an enclosure like it was....ugh. On the flip side the donkeys, emu, goats, ducks and horses looked happy and were certainly well fed. 

Wrote an email regarding all upcoming TX special session items to my rep.
Failed on the "non-snarky" effort with a few, like this one:
-Preventing cities from regulating what property owners do with trees on private land.-

I said:
"Really? we're paying an extra $1million+ for this to be on the same platform as pregnant Texas women dying and school teachers pay? This is a waste of money and time!!!"
(...couldn't help it) *sigh*

Finished:
The Chosen - Ward - good yes. Didn't love it. I guess she "kept it real" with the arguments but I'm not sure anyone could come back like how quinn/layla did.  It was too quick hot/cold for me. Xcor's story really took a backseat. Not sure where she's going with the re-do on the shadows story? And yeah I get the drama with V, I didn't love their match ....but (again) this is the topic is off-limits for me for redeeming. tricky tricky.....
Something Wonderful - Judith McNaught - (the fb group reco!) and  i really like what she did with this one! jaded duke falls for the innocent. I believed them. I liked her transition. I feel like I've read her before? I guess it's before I started writing it down. I'll continue here. 


And so we Eli Young band -