Friday, January 19, 2018

So I made the Dallas newspaper opinion column.
Buzzkill when my friend heard about it over dinner the other night then got all aggressive/snarky with his comments (questioning why I was going to the march etc. etc.)
Then Jamie got pissed off at the way he was talking to me and oh lord…
but hey I kept my composure this time…
what a beating…

Also went to a grassroots social happy hour last night-
I described it  as
"Met a whole lotta nice/fun people 
with MEGA "pulled in a million directions" energy (*squirrel!*) - 
that made for great people watching. " :) 

Well it helped too that I met Jamie for dinner first and the cocktails went down well before I even got there- heh :)  The part I didn't expect is I met all my candidates in one sitting - they basically were rotating and since I sat still I was able to narrow down the 2/5 minutes attention.  It was pretty cool and I've made my decisions.
I still felt the need to make it known that I don't consider myself a democrat though...just because I feel I've been pushed that way, I don't like a label pushed on me. These reps need to remember that they are representing a wide variety of people in their districts. I think that's a part where representatives go wrong...

Dinner with the old neighbors tonight....
March tomorrow

Finished:
Hate to Want You - Alisha Rai - Second chance - childhood friends/romance. Family separates them.  Not bad.
Someone Like You - Lauren Layne - This one's the end of the series and she always hinted that he had hidden depths. I think she did good with tip toeing the loyalty line.