Tuesday, April 25, 2017

lotsa awkward people - it was awesome.

So ... the march for Science.
Admittedly, I'm not math-y or science-y, but I have an appreciation for their contributions! -
PLUS (not gonna lie), I was curious to what kinds of people would be there - so yep - IN!

On the way down, our uber driver lets it known that he's retired marine. I thanked him for his service
and he thanked me for the appreciation of his service.
This kind of threw me....
like..seriously? you've gone so underappreciated you feel the need to thank people who thank you? (...crazy. and sad that this is a reality)

Moving on, (to the March!) -
saw several sheldon cooper signs...
Breaking Bad "yeah! science bitch." sign.
Signs about rocks and space and ocean PH levels and other nerdy (...way over my head signs.)
Yep - there were several points where I questioned if people around me were even speaking English... "trajectories" and "pathways" and "bacillus" and "habitability"....ack!!! (*in my head*...i do not understand the words that are coming out of your mouth.)
There was a whole family of monty python/holy grail people (that were very popular) - with a graph of a cow catapult on their signs?
yeah....idk....

The reference is lost to me, I've not seen the movie...
But it was funny talking to the grandmother. She called her own people weird, saying she can't get her grandchild to dress for halloween but they go to a march for science all dressed as monty python characters and the kid jumps at the idea.
She's shaking her head laughing the whole time as she's taking pictures. ha!

My sign was a hit - Jamie told me it wasn't funny but it's me AND people laughed!!!....


There were definitely a whole lotta awkward people - it was awesome. Glad I went.

Roughriders game and Lonestar Park for birthday celebrations.
Didn't get to read much - I've started Susanna Kearsley Mariana.

And so we Weary Boys today - just 'cause