Friday, April 28, 2017

bring the joy in every kind of way

so I went to vote local yesterday -
I talked to the wife of one of the candidates -  nobody else was there -  she came across very nice and logical.
Apparently these local elections should be bipartisan but even in her own words she said that they're pressured to "fall in line" if they want the support of a party.
It really bothers me..
Though lately I'm pushed more left (obviously) - neither "side" is fitting me comfortably.

I'm getting the feeling a lot of people feel the same way and so in many cases instead of just being frustrated (like me) they just don't engage.
Problem is, I couldn't side with (or bitch about) anything if I didn't vote - plus I've read too many books and know just enough history to actually care about decisions that are being made on my behalf -  so yep I'm voting!

Dinner date night tonight - we had plans to go down tomorrow to see 1100 Springs. I was gonna go all out in a rockabilly/pinup gal outfit - but it's supposed to rain/hail/maybe tornado - oy *insertbummerfacehere*
I'm almost done with SKearsley's Mariana - just a little too much filler here. I forget how well she does with describing historic sites/times/buildings - almost to the point where the characters are secondary. Still, thoughtful, haunting - well written.

So in case we don't make it out and in tribute to this mighty fine country band - we 1100 Springs!