Friday, August 14, 2015

causes? and effect

it really seems like there's an uptick in domestic violence incidences? It almost constant now.

I know someone who had a restraining order on her ex-husband.
He broke into her house with a shotgun and shot the friend she had in the house with her. She managed to get away but he then locked himself up in the house with her pets, set the house on fire, killing her pets and killed himself.

This is NOT ok.

NOT ok!

I'm so sick of hearing things like this happening!! I'm adding the Genesis shelter to my yearly donations...it's got to help a little right?
Or maybe rather some sort of program that helps children to not grow up with the mentality that it's ok to take their anger out on other people. I'll check into it....I want to go a little more local this year.

And not local...but speaking of donations...
as requested, I submitted my story to Death with Dignity.
I hardly remember what I submitted...I got so emotional.
They're calling me next week to get more information and to maybe post on their website to help their cause. I'm hoping any little thing will help pass laws in other states.
I won't hold my breath thinking Texas will ever pass it.
I love living here but there are so many things that frustrate me too about living here.

Anyway, ok...i need to get away from my Debbie downer. Ummm...it's Friday! We have dinner reservations for yummy Neighborhood Services tonight.
I read Sophie Barnes' Scandal in Kissing and Heir and it was ok. Nothing to make me jump to read more of her stuff but not bad.
Planning has progressed for travel to Oklahoma lakehouse party next weekend, Arkansas for a Razorback game later (maybe), Wurstfest, NOLA, Destin and Scotland/England next year.