Monday, March 27, 2017

enfermera, dummy!

Telemundo interviewed me from the line outside Cornyn's office last week -  totally embarrassing how quickly I'm forgetting my Spanish . Could not for the life of me remember how to say "nurse". heh *smh*

I didn't make the "cut" at news time - of which I am glad. 
Naturally everything was about the ACA. He asked me specifically how the repeal would affect me. 
I said I "wasn't sure, part of the reason why i was there was to get feedback from people actually experiencing it and knowledgeable about it".  

Don't guess that makes for good "news".

Seriously though - i'm not going to lie and say I have an definitive opinion when I'm not fully informed.  Outside of those college years when I aged out and I was "gonna live forever anyway so why need it?" -  I don't have a pre-existing condition and for the most part have had insurance through my or Jamie's job

The Parkland ER nurse I stood next to on one side felt it was a bad idea to repeal for several reasons. The librarian on my other side was worried about her grandparents losing coverage and/or her being charged outrageously for healthcare as a young woman with not a lot means. 

Looking further into it - the maternity and mental illness loss could really harm people.

on the other hand, I struggle with the thought of how we're paying for all of this. 
Here (my Canadian-ism) comes out...why not just do what they're doing - whatever it's called (Medicaid healthcare?)
I've asked all my remaining canuck pals - it works for them up there. 

or at the very least - if you ask me...put the money being garnered for that stupid wall into healthcare and help people.
Again though...admittedly I'm just not fully informed....

Oh and yes, some car passers by (all young men) shouted their own commentary "go Trump!" revving their engines and peeling out so we're covered in exhaust, and not so friendly like yelling "c you next tuesday.." at us.... *heh....smh oh well*

Moving on - 
out with Jamie Thursday and Friday we bar hopped/talked to people. Got annoyed with a gal we sat next to at a bar telling me I should get Jamie to buy me a smart phone. 
I don't "need" Jamie to get me a smart phone. 
I can get my own damn phone. I'm choosing to keep my phone.

M and J's Jewelry party Saturday - mostly partook of the sangria. Bought a $76 "statement" necklace. I mean seriously! I could buy 7 NEW books for that! gah....i better wear that shit. 
Watched Fences - totally get why she won an oscar....otherwise there was just so. much. talking....

Finished reading:
Ward's Blood Vow - the gal's got her world figured out - doesn't disappoint. 
Re-read Blood Kiss - just because
If you were Mine - Melanie Harlow - reminiscent mesh of Higgins books? that's a compliment. it's just ....this author has that "something" that always come out with her girls that bothers me. Maybe more prevalent after reading Ward's girls where they just call things out and not be such a stereotypical girl about it. heh. Quite frankly, I'dve never taken him back.