Monday, March 6, 2017

I think he misses the dog the most.

ack - I'm lagging on the book reading.
shit...I can't remember if I've read something between now and last time I wrote to remind myself?
hmmm...well right now I'm reading 1984 - chills. Seriously. 

moving on, let's see... Jamie and I are currently balancing ourselves out again-  we've been in a state of pissiness lately, admittedly a lot because of me. I can't help it.  Even though he agrees with me in a lot of things...he just doesn't want to talk about it anymore. So as I told him, I'll just try to lump this in as with my books, I'll find other outlets. He was very nice in telling me that he'd listen if I want to talk about it - but I'm making a concentrated effort to not vent politics to him, mostly just for peace of household.

On that "outlet" front though (this being one of them), I went to a DFW candidates meet/greet in Rockwall - it was outside and freaking cold but interesting. (Oy this getting politically active is time-consuming and exhausting.) If I'd heard 2 years ago that I'd spend most of my Sunday standing in the cold/rain listening to people not in my district campaign for themselves I would've laughed.

As such, might go to my district Democrat meet/greet tomorrow.
I can't just do nothing. I can't....
and don't at all understand people sticking their heads in the sand.

what else....we went to down to Dallas for dinner -  friends came over after. Sean broke up with his girlfriend, can't say it's surprising. She wanted to get married, he still has wild oats to sow.
He's got to be closing in on 40...but in this, I say good for him for letting her go. Nothing but resentment and bad endings happen when being forced to marry when you're not sure.
Everyone should know this.

I think he misses the dog the most. I don't blame him.

oh and loving this new Old 97s! --- so we Old 97s