Tuesday, March 14, 2017

to bolster: support or strengthen; prop up

over the week, talked to people. Heard lots of stories.
Dinners with friends.

Wrote my state representative, which included this:
"I stood outside of John Cornyn's office last week to stand next to nurses and teachers (and more) to hear their stories about things I know nothing about (in my advertising sales world).  

I heard a story of a mother who says her son cries and tells her he'll "quit school and follow her if she gets taken away". 

I read that it's assumed that "we" 
(I guess I'm considered "the opposition" now, I'm losing hope that all of us are just "Americans/Texans") 
will get tired and move on. 
The tired is true but I'm not seeing the "moving on" happening....there are too many personal stories. 

And from people who are actually living/witnessing it, not just having opinions about it...."

and so "we" continue
but first, I hermit'ed on Saturday -
chose to not go to the St. Paddy's day parade.

stayed home and read instead. And I don't feel bad about it! it was grand!

Finished:
Light between Oceans by ML Stedman - not bad, predictable, glad that it wasn't so cookie-cutter in the way it ended.
Sick in the Head by Judd Apatow - i made it to Amy Schumer's interview and faded out. 
Hidden Figures - M Shetterly - fascinating! and unfortunately so relevant still today.  it was a little too technical in some parts but I actually found myself intrigued. Great line too when it says "Sometimes, she knew, the most important battles for dignity, pride, and progress were fought with the simplest of actions.” "