Monday, September 29, 2014

a little Tipsy/Remembrance

I'm still on my Jennifer Crusie book marathon but I've hit a lull. Some books of hers are definitely better than others.  So I also picked up reading If I Stay (Nothing amazing but not bad so far).

I did snag the tv away from Jamie's Football madness to catch Pride and Prejudice on HBO too the other day. Yep I'm a Mr. Darcy fan girl (especially this Keira Knightly version one)...it's just one of those movies I have to stop and watch again when I see it.

I have several " must read again" favorite books. One of them is Jude Deveraux's Remembrance. Seriously, from beginning to end - I just love this book. It's truly an engaging time travel story. The lead is made all the better in that (similar to Pride and Prejudice) she's not written as a stunning beauty - what carries her story is that she's smart and captivating and stubborn (to a fault). It's one of those that you're sad when it's finished and just stare at the wall for a bit in mourning. Ha!

On a side note - Jamie and I did an impromptu bar hopping sangria/bloody mary adventure yesterday morning through Dallas! It's so fun to do things that aren't planned! Might've not been the best idea to show up a little tipsy at a 2pm baby shower on a Sunday ....but hey whatever...we had a grand ol' time!