Tuesday, September 30, 2014

if i stay and finish...or not

Finished If I Stay, ok yes I cried. It was a quick read, thought-provoking and characters (even tertiary ones) were fleshed out well.  What I really liked is that Mia (the lead) wasn't your typical conformist teenager -she didn't get on my nerves as some YA character leads tend to. I'm in queue at the library to get the next one - Where She Went (I think it's called). 

J. Crusie's Charlie All Night - funny characters, good dialogue - fast and easy (pun intended ;0). 
I skipped over the one before in this JCrusie book bundle though...couldn't finish it, don't remember what it's called but about hiring a PI and a diary, and winning a bet and mafia family?...whatever...couldn't finish it. 

Another book I couldn't finish - Outlander you'd think I'd love it (like seemingly everyone else). It's right up my alley! I just couldn't do it. Maybe I'll try once again to join the bandwagon? ...for the 3rd time... one day. Not today though, cause it's release day for Larissa Ione's MoonBound Vampire book and Kristan Higgins new one!

 I love both authors (they're both "pay for release day" worthy for me) but oy... I almost couldn't finish the first of Larissa Ione Moonbound series book - I'm holding off on buying/reading the second.  

We'll see how Kristan Higgins goes...she's not disappointed me yet!