Thursday, September 25, 2014

The Cinderella Deal attempt

My chocolate craving reached critical stage and Jamie, on his way back from his board meeting stopped over to get my favorite chocolate cake from Lucky's Cafe last night. Seriously I got a catch in that man...11 years together and (though he tests my limits) I'm a lucky gal.

I deviate - about last night - around 8:45 I attempted to break the mold by trying to only read a few pages/chapters of Jennifer Crusie's - The Cinderella Deal. I couldn't do it. I read the first page and knew it's either stay up for 4ish more hours or stop right there. So I stopped. Don't judge - I'm 33 and love my sleep. I can't hang like I used to.

She first caught my interest on Monday when I read Anyone But You - I really liked how Nina (the lead) wasn't the typical perfect 20-something female lead. She's 40 and had a life. She'd let herself become someone not herself and she broke out. The interaction with Fred (the stinky dog) was adorable and hilarious. I like that she and Alex became friends before anything else. Overall - good story. And I love good stories!!  So....since the book was entertaining now I'm reading all of Jennifer Crusie.

It's fun finding a new author!