Thursday, April 14, 2016

there's a hole in my eye and we're off to the races!

well there was a hole.
my routine eye check up on Saturday turned into a laser eye procedure to stave off retinal detachment and blindness yesterday.

Lesson learned:
lattice degeneration + strong near-sightedness = bad news bears.
Things can turn serious fast - catch it early. And don't be a brat to your eye doctor about not wanting the "inconvenience and additional $25 fee" of being dilated. 

It's weird, it stung a little didn't hurt -  (just a mental image kept popping up of the bubbling that happens with a lighter and spoon meth addicts use,  during the 5 minute procedure). What can I say...my brain is weird.

Moving on ......I bought Jamie a Mizzen and Main shirt - he refuses to wear it cause he found out JJ Watt is their spokesman. *seriously. shaking my head*

Not surprised...but I am a little more conscientious about wanting to buy local though. That's another weird thing about getting older. In your 20's you don't care about anything but yourself really...buying local would never have been a thought...so weird. 

I have like 5 books to read including the new Kresley...think I'll give my retinal tear a break for a bit though- RoughRiders baseball game tonight and we're off to Hot Springs tomorrow for the Arkansas Derby.

Feelin a little Cross Canadian Ragweed-y
Feel like you're the only one,
Who's ever been in a bad situation.
Now you need to take yourself a love vacation,
'Cause after all, what's done is done.