Monday, August 29, 2016

cliff-hangers! music,Unfriending, cults and hermitting

Friday - Chris Knight and Jason Boland were as good as expected,...Jason Boland a little better maybe? - the guy never sounds bad. Gas monkey live - good (huge) venue - the crowd was kinda lame - a guy in front of me kept yelling "play Waylon!" to Chris Knight.
Are you freakin' kidding me!!! I wanted to punch him in the mouth.

We didn't get to sleep till close to 2am - oy can't hang like I used to. We start drinking at 4 and done/home by 11. This is how non-amateurs do it...heh...
 At least we didn't reek of cigarette smoke like back then. Whisper Britches for dinner - low expectations from the chef of Casa Rubia but actually pretty good fried chicken...it's no Babe's but still good.

Saturday - Jamie left for golf in Louisiana, I went to Urban Crust for the surprise party.
The gal that disappeared with her new boyfriend 6 months ago - was (oddly) there. I think she figured out that I unfriended her on fb. . ..oops. She wasn't my friend anyway. I didn't dislike her - it's just I don't really have much in common with a 25 year old - even when I was 25. And times have changed! a 25 year old today isn't at all what I remember being like at 25?
I thought I was pretty good at finding something in common with anybody but I swear, more and more 25ish and younger something typical Texan/ Americans are like stale bread. Even though/if they've traveled around the world and experienced things like I'd never been able to at their age...communication skills are lacking! Lacking I say!!
It is what it is....I wonder if I intimidate them?...I have been told I'm a little "up-front" for some people...

Got to talking with a couple - clive owen looking type guy and pretty/plain-ish friendly gal (30?) - he wanders off to talk soccer - she talks about going back to school and working in hair and traveling etc etc. Then she non-chalantly mentions that she was raised in a cult.
My curiosity KIKI (as in Que?Que?) flares went right the F up
I wanted to ask her a million questions ( I've seen documentaries! the shunning , the isolation, the brain-washing!) but given the parameters of the event and how everyone was already moving on to the next bar I withheld. I think she could've withstood my barrage of questions - but (again) oh well ...maybe next time....see I do have a filter....

Didn't go to the after party - i really just wanted to be home AND Jamie was out of the house...so I finally got the house to myself!!

and so my hermit-ing (sp?) began

Finally -
watched Age of Ultron - i can see why I didn't hear all that much about it...it's overdone.
Watched all of Easy A - HA! i seriously love Emma Stone (see there's one 25ish? gal I think could be my homie - i'm not a total lost cause...)

Finished reading  2 and 4 more of Elisa Braden - i guess i'll come back to 3 at some point.
And finished Arcana Rising - and so...it wasn't so bad I guess...it is like most other  books that have the same leads for 3+ books - you still like them but about the 3rd book you're losing interest - i almost wish she did what she's doing with IAD and given each character card their own book to carry the story...anyway ...cliffhanger end yep...who tricked her? ...going  "pearl harbor" movie way?

Fast-forwarded through vma's - oy boring and a whole lotta ass everywhere. Are we done with the leotard yet? Eh - Beyonce though! "SLAY all day U-S-A!" (like Leslie Jones) I have a song or two of hers, I'm no mega-fan  - can't deny that was a performance though...