Monday, February 20, 2017

but hey...I got to check out. And I'm tan.

we've had quite the adventure.
11pm friday night before we're to leave on our vacation Jamie got stomach sick.
1pm Saturday I convinced him to go to the doc in the box. He got a shot and 4 different kinds of medication.
We woke up at 3am Sunday to catch our flight.
Land in Anguilla - Jamie can't eat anything for 48 hours. (a noted "best" for people who love to eat and he can't.) But we made it.

Disconnected from news/social media and just beached for a few days. Lovely...lovely...lovely as before.
(Note for next (next) time - definitely ferry is the way to go from SXM. $20taxi + $20 + $5 departure pp.
Back $20+$25 departure.)

Jamie's still not feeling great, we change our flights to come back a couple days early and now I'm feeling sick. I was so nauseous getting on the plane I physically carried a "motion discomfort" bag the whole day til we got home. Really close calls at some points. Not the greatest feeling to feel trapped on a plane and carrying a "bag".
Got home and now allergies got me.
Oh and it took us half a day to get in an argument about politics. Seriously, my sister texted me that the city of FB down the road started pulling people over randomly to check their legal status!
So now I'm glad I have this day off to recover.  I'm sitting here eyes swollen and snotty...
but hey...I got to check out for a few days of amazing-ness.
And I'm tan!


And I read:
On Second Thought - yes of course I liked it. It just I missed the connection with the guys more than usual.
Seven Minutes in Heaven - she just seemed much more mature than him. Good story, as always, just not in my top favorite couple of hers. 
Nobody's Baby but Mine & Heaven, Texas - yeah...she treads that line of inappropriate that makes me uncomfortable.
Wait For It - Mariana Zapata -  with this one I've read all her books so far. She's up there as a favorite now. I'm def all about her older guys. 
Rhythm, Chord Malychin - MZ  - immaturish, lower on my list of hers. Still good.
Under Locke - MZ -  so I just found out what MC meant last week. Not my genre but yeah this was a winner overall (and sexy times whew...)

Back on the wagon....