Wednesday, February 1, 2017

colonel mustard and a fax party (almost) in the ocean

Last weekend feels forever ago.
First go at Austrian food  with the M's -  yum.

Parents came back into town - my nephew was Colonel Mustard in a Clue play. He barely talks but can sing and he's in a school  play!!? And he kisses a girl. I was pretty doggone surprised. 

and I fax partied one of my senator's. 'Cause things just don't feel right!!! I'm not from El Paso, raised partly in Calgary by a Border Patrol agent who worked in US customs - dodging people running across I-10 on my way to work downtown in high school -  to not have an opinion about immigration. We're going wrong...we're going wrong....

*sigh* I'll be on vacation in two weeks...


Tried a few contemp's  - looking for the easy, breezy HEA (for obvious reasons)
not sure if it's a cultural thing, I'm guessing it is...but I just wouldn't handle situations like the gals in these stories.
Good Girl - Lauren Layne - she should've been mean back...but really.
Man Candy - Melanie Harlow - another wanna be hardtoughgirl but not. eh. 
Easy Love - Kristen Proby - this was a book club assignment. I love the New Orleans feel but from the get go, characters didn't really do much for me. Didn't get passed a few chapters.

Bought the new KHiggins and EJames. Good news on Jamie's job search...maybe?

And so we Bobby Keen today with a undocumented immigrant story....