Thursday, August 24, 2017

It's mine from the finish

Friend N's surprise birthday Friday, we get there early to help, he's nowhere to be found and she's cleaning the house with two other "partyers" sitting at the dining room table.
surprise!
He didn't tell her that they had friends from out of state flying in plus 30 more people coming for her surprise party that started "now".
So she gets home on her birthday and panics trying to get ready for all these people coming.
I told Jamie he's not ever allowed to do that to me. Husbands with good intentions *oi*....

we hung out for a few hours then went to see Chris Knight.
Maybe for the 20th? time...
Some boys got way tipsy, singing at the top of their lungs and yep grown men cried.
I got to talking to this guy that said he and his wife had just moved back from living in New Zealand for a year.
29 years old and up and moved to New Zealand. Cause they could. Nice.
 He was very "Dallas" in bringing up his money situation...and then made a weird face when I told him "yeah money helps but it doesn't make people ultimately happy."

ha...he looked at me weird and said "people don't think that way nowadays"...
Still it's a personality trait for people to listen to our kind of music...I can't say anything bad about people who go see Chris Knight in concert.

Went to the Ranger game saturday at the company suite. Nice.

Emailed my mom about the hurricane coming - yikes - and i leave for Destin in two weeks....

Re-read - A Knight in Shining Armor JDevereaux - I remember loving this book way back when, I dunno I guess now that I've read so much more I didn't love it....it definitely had an 80's "Mannequin" feel to it. 
When Strangers Marry (Vallerands Book 1) LKleypas - so...this is the first of Kleypas that I gave up on....just couldn't get into it. 
The Scandal in Kissing an Heir: Sophie Barnes - apparently i'd read this one...and digging back apparently I thought it was ok. I don't know why? I went to 30% and stopped
Dating-ish - Penny Reid - yeah good one - journalist gal awkwardly meets nerd robot guy. she remains consistent
Tanner Sarah Mayberry - finished...didn't like it like her other "best/worst" book. The gal read needy.
Brought me back to the rodeo cowboy I used to date - we met at Billy Bob's at a Tracy Lawrence concert no less. It was fun...for a while...and that's all i'll say about that.