Thursday, August 17, 2017

today's been a long week

so much going on in the world.
(i've had this sentence as a draft for 3 days)
For lack of a better way to describe it - it looks like the simmering is starting to boil.

Also, I'm not quite sure why people are so shocked at the president's remarks and/or lack of empathy? It wasn't shocking to me...he's shown his colors already, long ago...

Finished
Singh's Silver Silence - much less angsty than her others...got a little irritated with the all the silly-ish bear references (if I'm being honest)
Reid's Beard in Mind - so i liked the uniqueness of it...I've not read a story that discusses real life issues like OCD.
EChase's - Ellie the little sister story - quick read.good.
Also watched Harlot's on Hulu - wonderful acting and really clicks on what I've only imagined in the historicals I've read.

Wrote on my fb groups, reached out to my reps, twitter is blowing up

and....and...really remarking on the books I've read and tv I've watch seems crass...but it helps me. So that's good....
I really wanted to end with a good recall from the past week but I'm weirdly kinda numb right now.
oh...dinner with friends tonight.