Wednesday, October 18, 2017

pride prejudice crash and burn

I saw Pride and Prejudice play last weekend in Addison - gno (and glad for it cause Jamie would've been miserable). Several of the gray-hairs in the audience didn't come back after the intermission. It was quirky, cross dressing etc but once I got over that it was a unique adaptation, I enjoyed it.

So I posted #metoo - the oddest thing is that it's sounding like with all this uproar, men are questioning where the line is?

"So you know those women that dress like....?"
Answer:  regardless if she is dressed provocatively or not - never touch her.  

"But what if it's loud and she can't hear the guy?" -
Answer: A glancing touch on her shoulder/arm (preferably not on her skin)  to get her attention then.


It's not difficult.
Don't be gross. Don't be creepy. Don't be smarmy. If she's shit-faced pass til the next day.
start with being friendly and go from there
bottom line - if she wants you to touch her you'll know, she'll make it obvious,  she'll initiate contact.
And def stay away from the psycho girls - there are many out there -  listen to your red flags!

I've said it before, I'll say it again -  men should read romance novels to learn how to be (and not be) with women...

Speaking of
An Extraordinary Union (The Loyal League) - Alyssa Cole - the fb groups raved and I just could not get into it. DNF....
Idol (VIP Book 1) - he crashes passed out in her yard spiralling, she helps him,  she can also sing. not bad and
Managed - opposites attract. liked him more than her. Kristen Callihan
The Trouble with Love: Lauren Layne - 2nd chance story - young/miscommunication/broken engagement/left at altar -  my kindle said i'd apparently already read this one, so i started just to remind myself but didn't remember til 1/4 through and then by then I just re-read it all. Liked it. 

Been going with the new Turnpike Troubadours - Pipebomb Dream - last few days. My favorite of the pre-release - it certainly does have a little of that Old 97's twang. I'm diggin' it.