Tuesday, October 10, 2017

to the limit

dinner with V&J and we vented to each other over cocktails :) .
Also went to the Fair with the M's this weekend.
It was freaking hot and it's $40 for us to even walk in the door. It's crazy. I mean at least once in a lifetime sure but I think this is my 12th time? oy ....No idea why they love it so much?

I wrote to my Senator today
(Cornyn - not Cruz cause I was done with that guy since he campaigned for the man who said those awful things about his wife)  -

..not about women's rights, or immigration or taxes or anything important like that.

I wrote saying - "Please tell our President to stop talking. I'm embarrassed to be represented this way on a daily basis. It's exhausting. We apparently don't have a lot in common -  but as a fellow Texan, please -  stand for us."

Why? Because there are people dying in PR, there are wildfires in CA, military service men were just killed overseas....it's never ending the awfulness that is happening...
and he's tweeting asinine/juvenile mockery!...
I just saw a fact check that said the President ytd has told over 1100 lies. *sigh*
As a granddaughter and daughter of veterans. As a Texan. As an American.
I'd never imagined hitting this limit. I'm so embarrassed.



Finished:
Buns (The Hudson Valley Series Book 3) -  Alice Clayton - my least favorite of the series...there's a depth missing in her people. I still like her though. 
The Cad and the Co-Ed (Rugby Book 3) - Penny Reid - ditto above....
Where Dreams Begin - Lisa Kleypas - i liked this one, widow, boot straps, instant chemistry. I learned that Ravenshill doesn't have his own book and vented on the OSRBC group....they understood. That's so nice.