Wednesday, December 20, 2017

a bit off-balance

My mom just texted that they might not be coming for Christmas since the flu/strep throat has struck their house. yuck. Seems like lots of people are getting sick....

Jamie and I took his grandparents jewelry to get it repurposed for a right hand ring and a pendant necklace for me. I guess a Christmas gift, even though we stopped giving each other "mandatory" gifts years ago. I got him an "El Paso" shirt....just a bit off-balance....oh well


oh wait - I also got him a headlamp that he seems to really like!? It's kinda weird how much he likes it actually...he's worn it almost every day for some tinkering or other.
I got one for all the rest of the family guys too -
The redneck brother in law is from middle of no where Mississippi.
The gamer black brother in law is from bad-part New Jersey.
The gun-toting Puerto Rican and the mama's boy from El Paso....we'll see how they like it...hopefully it's a universal guy thumbs up thing....cause seriously I'm out of ideas. 

Speaking of being baffled - with with all these sexual accusations/allegations coming out, the most interesting to me are republican-leaning mothers with sons. It's fascinating conversation the dichotomy shifting from the perspective as a  woman and perspective as a mother....

Books - Finished - Stacy Reid (Calydon Series)
#1 - disgraced seamstress, cold duke accused of murder - novella
#2 - playboy brother of duke wanting to settle finds gal that just wants to experience life. 
#3 - he wants revenge from sister "cold duke" had a hand in suicide, targets dukes sister, tries to ruin her
meets her, changes his mind almost too late. 
She's getting better for me each book....i like her. 

Found old school Brenda Joyce Masters of Time bundle for $1.99....halfway through the re-read...and so 
...granted it's been 15+ years since  I read but I'm just not getting why I liked this series so much?

Separately, meeting with my HD rep next week for coffee....not really sure why she wants to meet/ how I can help...but hey whatever ok with me.
Also checking out the senior center to maybe volunteer there...cause old people have the best stories.
Lined up girls night. New Kristan Higgins is coming out. Bake day...then new years oy...
Stoney's in town tomorrow. Acoustic...probably won't go but lets Feet Don't Touch the Ground