Tuesday, May 24, 2016

no go girlfriends and I can diy

Finished "Me After You" - it finally picked up. Pretty Good.

other news: we met with a home re-modeling company - Master bath alone would be minimum $40k...
$40k!!!!

Jamie says I do a piss poor job on diy projects  -
I like to tinker though - not everything has to look perfect (sometimes it looks better if it's not perfect!)
He wants it done "professionally"
well...apparently $40k is a magic number cause now he's talking how we can do some stuff ourselves. Heh.
Still  -  shower and bathtub and tile...we can't do ourselves...even at $20k...this is ridiculous.
Being an adult is lame sometimes.

moving on -
Travel:
Think I've narrowed down our anniversary trip to BVI for next year!
Girls trip to Destin  in September is on. Three and maybe more.
I invited a few other old girl friends. Not holding my breath though, this is the 3rd girls trip I'd've told them about...and crickets...not even a "no thanks"... really now that I think about it,  they've not really made any reciprocal effort in contacting me at all and I'm pretty much to the point of thinking it's a waste of time to even bother anymore...
I'm fine with my 7ish? friends here and Jamie.
Really, I think I'd stop facebook altogether if it wasn't  a great way to picture/log our fun times -  also it's a good source of info on my authors/music  

My eye after retinal surgery:
he said all looks good, and that I can fly for our trip in a couple weeks (yay!). It's still red..but more like allergy-looking red...so people aren't totally weirding out anymore when they look at me.
I think ice is helping..(even though it was never mentioned that i should ice)
Worst is my vision...
It changed from -8 to  -11.25 now in that eye! crazy... and it's driving me crazy. Waiting on my temporary lens to come in (it apparently wasn't easy to find ) so I can finally see normal.
So I'm truckin along...

In a M&MC mood and maybe I'll get to see them this weekend to celebrate my bday!