Tuesday, May 31, 2016

conversations, Magicians & disturbing subject matters

I've fallen behind!
bullet points
  • small fun dinner gathering for my birthday - so fun to get new/old friends to sit and converse - they know each other in passing but this was better. They came over to the house after and we hung out more. Not an easy feat for the busy schedules
  • brunch, appliance shopping, house stuff
  • my aunts/uncles are gathering together on FB to do something about caring for my grandpa - i thought that was good - they're always so torn apart - egos/pride/selfishness -and life's too short. I suggested to my mom that since he's a WWII vet they should try to link in with the VA. The VA's a whole fiasco for my dad though so I told her fair warning....
  • bought a sanseveria (sp?) plant - ugly and yes snake looking but read it's good for air quality in the house?! we'll see
  • horse races - tried 3 horse $1 exacta box and didn't win a dime ugh - caught up with friends we hadn't seen in a while though. Of all of Jamie's friends wives I like her the most.  She's the only gal I know that watches SyFy channel and can talk The Magicians and GOT with me. She almost stopped watching both too. She likes the "campy" stuff of the syfy channel...it gets on my nerves. These shows though (and their disturbing subject matters) smh...Maybe though in portraying it, it can finally be stopped? Not easy to watch though....Regardless, glad I held on to the Magicians - right up my alley.
Otherwise I read:

Blurred Lines - Lauren Layne - friends to lovers - candy fluffy - fast read no real involvement but not bad.
One Good Earl - Sarah MacLean -  a re-read - odd smart girl/smart reformed play boy -  I forget how much I like her style/description
The Pact - for free cause sometimes its fun to try things - not bad they got on my nerves a little...so much time wasted. But still liked it enough to be in the middle of reading her "Smut" oy..the title - it said romantic comedy but I've only seen the comedy part it a couple times - so embarrassed for her in the opening chapter! - great descriptions on how writing comes to authors and better character development -  and the sexy times?  whew fans face!

surgery update - My eye can almost fully open. Still red-ish. Still waiting on my glasses. ugh