Wednesday, October 19, 2016

"Let's just forget, leave it behind and carry on"

can't recall how many times I've heard "Hopefully, things will settle when the election is over...." lately.

yep.

we had dinner with one of jamie's old co-workers. Fun, smart, pretty gal about my age. She's tried match.com and other dating sites, dated a lot but can't find anyone in Phoenix.

I think she's getting frustrated.
It's surprising, cause most of the girls I know that are single are either
a) not really trying to find someone...or
b) there's something that's obvious (to me) why men might shy away - they're desperate, obsessive, condescending, high maintenance, needy...in several cases it might be because they have children)

But in this case it's none of the above - well as much as I can estimate, from my point of view, since I'm not a guy.

I wonder if it's because she's looking for (the impossible) "perfect guy" -  sabotaging herself?
I think a lot of people do that...and they say romance readers are unrealistic...read most any romance - the parts where the characters aren't perfect make the story! ugh

speaking of imperfect - apparently i shaved only one leg again this morning...why do I do that?!



Finished Susanna Ives - Wicked, my - i finished it. had potential. immature-ish. skipped. Stopping there.
Bout half way with the new Emma Chase - good so far!...we'll see. I still haven't bought the new Christina Lauren nor NSingh's new one nor Ward's Beast...- $4.99 just seems so much more do-able...

Diggin the new Norah Jones
And after all's been said and done
Who said it best, were you the one?
Let's just forget, leave it behind
And carry on

If you should find the time to speak
Then speak to me, I'd never keep
You from your final destiny
So carry on

Into the quiet I am bound
What you have lost, I've never found
I lost my nerve, yet peace surrounds
So carry on

Into the quiet I am bound
What you have lost, I've never found
I lost my nerve, yet peace surrounds
So carry on

And now that all's been said and done
Who said it best, were you the one?
Let's just forget, leave it behind
And carry on
Let's just forget, leave it behind
And carry on