Tuesday, October 4, 2016

I think I'm gonna go out and observe more....

So the new neighbors moved in -  Jamie briefly met him, and I briefly met her, at different times.
Neither seemed very friendly.

We wrote a welcome note with our contact info and left it on their door since we figured they wouldn't appreciate us just stopping by...

*crickets* 
Not that I'm expecting to be best friends or anything but seriously...it's a little colorless....meaning boring and a little rude to not bother to acknowledge (which seems more and more the case lately for people around our age) Bummer.

I cut my hair last week -like 7 inches -  I don't miss it in that it was dry and I feel like I lost 6 pounds - I definitely feel a little un-sexy now though. Why is that I wonder? 

Watched the Revenant - didn't do much for me.... Acting -  great. The scenery -  beautiful (I told Jamie Alberta was beautiful!). Couldn't hear much (of what little they said) because of the music.

West World - a little iffy but I'm intrigued! we'll see.

Lastly - speaking of rude -  (and not to be a debbie downer 'cause I love Dallas)
...in an effort to force myself to leave my work bubble for lunch lately, I decided to sit somewhere on "restaurant row" for lunch today.
It's a little crazy how rude "business" people have gotten during the lunch hour.
They look so well put together, with their ties and heels and cell phones....
Does it  make them feel better to be rude? if yes, it really makes me wonder about their personal lives...
I think I'm gonna go out and observe more. Maybe even talk to some! Just to see! 
If nothing else, it's good people watching.  ...

Really though, more and more I'm wanting to move out of this big city. There's something really wrong when it feels like the majority of people are losing their basic decency. 

Finished:
JQuinn's Colin's Bridgerton story - all that time wasted....( I think I only have the youngest two left to read? of this series) and the first Bevelstoke - this gal cut a little close to the clingy that I don't like. Still not bad.
Smith by Olivia Chase - totally skimmed this one. Didn't do much at all for me. 
Maybe Not - Colleen Hoover - way fast...I almost feel like I should've disliked the leads? but I didn't, so kudos to the author. I'll scope out a full length and see.