Monday, May 4, 2015

a party animal is tiring

Is it bad that I'm still kinda recovering from Saturday? ...being a party animal is tiring. I was asleep by 11 when most everyone else was watching the fight somewhere. hey..i had long day ok.

It's interesting how many people don't know anything about horseracing and are really wary about the whole gambling/betting thing.

I would've been the same way though if Jamie hadn't corrupted me, so I guess it makes sense. My poor first-timer cousins have no idea what they're in for next month in Las Vegas. That place is madness. 

Still... I think for the most part our group had a good time! They played and followed my invitation request for the boys to wear their pastels and the gals brought their fun hats. We got this photo backdrop of Churchill Downs which made for a FUN photo op!

Finished UnWholly - the story held and continues. Also finished the third of Pennyroyal Green series. I liked it but not as much as the one before.

Next big thing is our caribbean trip here in a few weeks. I need to start focusing on that.

Oh wait.. The rt convention is here next week! ACK I gotta get with my sister to figure ourselves out. It looks totally crazy and fb is blowing up with people talking about it. It's so exciting to read people loving books as much as I do!!