Sunday, May 17, 2015

my rt15 recap & stragglers

Wow these last few days!!

Thursday
Went to the RT convention
  • Pictionary with a whole buncha authors I've never heard of. Wanna know why? Cause it was an inspy authors! Christian, and Amish and the like. HA! Still...I'm not going to knock it. A good story's a good story. I'll give the books a go...why not!
  • Next was a group of panelists at the other end of the spectrum - they called it the "Art of Funny Smut" Christina Lauren, Clayton, Chase and Probst. Pretty sure I've read all of them. All were really funny. I like their books and like them more now seeing who wrote them. Apparently event coordinators underestimated their draw cause there were way too many people in the small room and it was hot (not in a good way)!
  • YA Fantasy - Cremer, Lu, Aguirre, Pierce, Westerfeld- I've read Lu's Legend and Westerfelds Uglies. It does make it better if you've read what they're talking about. I'm certainly more interested in Andrea Cremer just by hearing what she has to say though. It's on the list. 
  • Paranormal - JClare, KCole, CHarris, DJones and GShowalter - This was the one I was most excited about as Kresley is my favorite. This was a great panel. I tried reading Harris's Sookie books but lost interest. I might try her again just cause she was hilarious. And good to know that Kresley never responds to any fan mail. She's very busy. I think she maybe could've said it a little differently? cause I think she might've offended some? I get it though.  
  • Ended with Eloisa James, Sylvia Day and DJones - I love EJames books and learned interesting tidbits, both SDay and DJones were interesting...it's just by this time I think everyone was just straight up tired.  
I think I'd go for one day (maybe two?) again. It's worth going. I just don't see myself going for a week! I was beat by the end of just that day. 

Friday
I had a shit day at work so was totally in a drinking mood. We uber'd to see Jason Boland. He was awesome as always (his hair's gone gray? how'd that happen?)  but it turns out there's no uber to pick us up where we are when he's done!
Jamie finds a couple who's fine with us sharing their cab. It turns out they're from Arkansas and like to talk just as much as we do so we essentially kidnap them to our house. Next thing we know it's 3:30 in the morning and we have basic strangers staying with us in our guest room. 

Saturday
We take our new friends to breakfast and  back to their hotel with the promise to visit them when we head their way.

 I really thought I'd try to make it to the RT Fan day, but this was me all day yesterday instead:

So yep I've run the gamut of new memories/experiences these last couple of days - either way I'd say I've totally lived - it was quite grand. 

i'm out now though...chores and stuff.