Wednesday, May 13, 2015

get thee behind me teenager

I have two almost 16 year old nephews - they stress me out with worry, and I'm just the aunt - I can't imagine being their parent.

I hated being a teenager. You couldn't pay me to want to be one again - if there's one thing I kept telling myself all through high school is "it's almost over just get through it". And I was an athlete! so I actually had it ok comparatively speaking! - I can't imagine having to deal with being a teen nowadays, much less raising one.

And it's weird...all I know is what I remember from my own experience. So I see their insecurities and all I can do is shake my head -   I hate to say it but boys just might have it worse than girls at this stage in life. Boys are MUCH more insecure than I ever imagined at that age AND they have to pretend they're not insecure and try to be cool when they are so just NOT cool.

I love my nephews, I really do but - is it a terrible thing to say then that a reason I likely won't have children is to avoid having a teenager?

perhaps instead of being taxed for choosing to remain childless I should be thanked. ha.

 I will say this though...my dog knows her boundaries and she has manners -  does raising a dog compare to raising a child?

Good news - my sister and I are going to the book convention tomorrow. And umm...vacation time is coming here soon and I drank a kalimotxo that took me back to Spain yesterday annnnd oy rough day... this needs to be me.