Tuesday, June 7, 2016

up and down to Pacific Northwest!

Plano closed down 15th street and gave a 5 course meal to 100ish? people
(including the red haired girl of Housewives of "Dallas" - she's itty bitty btw.)
It's kinda strange... I've barely watched it when Jamie has it on but I see this complete stranger and I can recall her and her husband having a marital argument that was (but wasn't) private. Isn't that so weird!!! I kinda wanted to ask her how much of how they portray her personality is true. I figured it would be offensive though...
Anyway it was fun - good idea, good meal...I was pleasantly surprised how much I liked it.

Finished The Elegance of the Hedgehog - it got my attention initially but I struggled with it. The constant scorn  and over the top  philosophics (is that a word?) oy.
Seriously..some things just are! Just leave it at that. not everything needs to be thought too hard over.

Overall though - a decent story with some good points.

Speaking of thinking something over though:
Looks like Hillary's clinched today - I think I'm like everyone else and just kinda hunkering down with the presidential election stuff cause we're tired about hearing about it.  I don't even want to really talk about it here. But for future reference -
 Trump...the things he says. all i can do is shake my head.
...but still,  something's not clicking with Hillary
so I'm leaning toward Gary Johnson, I like some of the concepts of libertarianism - fiscally conservative, socially liberal. yeah.
The thing is, I'm concerned if enough people split from Hillary to actually get Trump elected as majority....the thought brings chills.

Moving on, I have my 4 week eye check up - it's weird - it's acted up a lot in the last couple of days. I wonder how long it really does take to totally heal from having a cinch put on your eyeball? OH AND we got the bill ...my insurance boldly stated that they paid 91% of it. And still after everything I think it'll be close to $2k out of pocket for us.  I'm stunned. I can't fathom how people with kids, and major major medical dilemmas and living pay check to pay check can possibly keep up. Even with people that have the means - I've heard of two stories recently where they refuse to call an ambulance or go to the hospital cause it costs too much and they die. This is ridiculous.

we leave for Portland/Seattle this week! so excited