Friday, June 17, 2016

the disdain for (and of) Mexico is interesting

So Donald Trump was in Dallas again yesterday. I continue to try to  keep an open mind, I know several people who are voting for him. And those people are good people.

I've just had issues with him since reading about his bullying "the lone holdouts" in Scotland years ago and really it's all gone downhill from there.

perceived misogyny and narcissism aside - the whole disdain for Mexicans is curious to me.
I wonder if he's even taken the time to get to know anyone of Mexican heritage? Cause if he really wants the majority of American ones (who can vote) to join his side...he's going about it wrong.

My husband can teach him how to be welcomed in with us American (of Mexico) people and it's basically this

(not unlike Irish and Scottish culture...) if you're cool, they're cool

you like to drink? You like to eat? You can talk for hours about sports, beer and crazy women? You're well aware there'll be insults/criticism/drama/drunken-ness and roll with it? You appreciate the art of bullshit/exaggeration and give it back? You take care of your family and are man enough to handle (and appreciate) your girls crazy?

YOU PASSED THE TEST. You're welcomed!

I mean shit...
just eat Mexican food...it's LOVE...in food!!

I don't know how anybody, who's actually been introduced to the culture/people, not come away  with a good impression (for the most part) of people who work hard and love and live brightly.

His disdain for my heritage just makes me disdain him on principle - and that's not me...I really try to not judge people I don't know - and so that bothers me even more....
ugh...whatever.

Moving on - I'm reading Super Freakonomics - very interesting.
Holding off buying the $15 new Nalini Singh and Ward's 'Beast' (....for a while anyway.)

We're going to the Roughrider game in this miserable heat tonight,

THEN going to do a date night tomorrow to go see 1100 Springs!!! It's been ages! I'm going through band withdrawal....