Wednesday, June 29, 2016

snobbery and traveling

surprise birthday dinner for dear friend Reda K last night.
it's interesting how the seating lines are drawn...their college friends and us. Not my style but I get that it's not about being malicious...

it's just by this age we're all settled and there's no need to really make more friends, (it's hard enough to keep up/maintain the ones we already have! ha)

Speaking of friends - we sent out our invite for our vacation trip - 8 months advance notice!
We'll see who can/will make it out.
Not holding my breath for those that always travel to the same places or don't travel at all ... which is most of them.

I'm pretty sure a big reason they don't travel is they don't want to spend money to try something new!

Not tryin to be a snob or anything but how do people make memories by always doing the same things? Doesn't it all blend together?

We head to Minneapolis for a Ranger game this weekend. Only staying a day...we're guessing there's not much else to do out there? *snobbery again..yes I own it*

Almost finished reading Nalini Singh's Allegiance of Honor - i alternate from liking the brush up on the past characters to being irritated that I'm reading a catch up as though I'm a new reader.
She does weave a transition well though for sure....I'm just bothered that I paid full "hardback" $...i should've definitely waited for the "softback" issue. Oddly, the way she addresses the difficulty in bringing her world together resonates in real time.

And so,  the attacks in Turkey's airport - I've read Istanbul is a wonderful place to visit....
All I can do is hope there's a rally to help the people that need it. 
With something terrible happening every day it seems now, i'm inundated with constantly feeling like I should help -  for my own sanity though I'm waiting for North Texas Giving day and the November Giving Day 
(thanks to who(m)ever's idea that was) - i still might be not giving anything for the overwhelming-ness of it all.  
Still...it's never enough is it....