Monday, June 20, 2016

spinnin' out of control

in a fit of rage, one of Jamie's college friends sent a long "F U/cutting ties" email to their Texas Tech group for not being good friends to him.

I'd chalk it up to midlife crisis (and this article rings true) but the email was beyond that,  it read as though he's spinning out of control.

I do know Jamie though.
He's kept friends since pre-school. Accusing him of not being a friend is blatantly false.

Seriously - I imagine that I'll have my 5 (?) friends at my funeral but
I'd need to rent out a hall to fit everyone that would want to go to his. I'd be Kramer in this scenario


Really seriously though, back to the college friend -
Don't know him all that well (they're not that close of friends), but one of the few memories I have of my wedding day is sobbing/walking down the aisle and catching a glimpse of him sobbing right along with me, on the way down.

What was he expecting I wonder?
I feel bad for him to be in that state of misery.

I doubt spewing that hateful email made him feel that much better though...

Moving on -
good weekend - Finished Ward's Immortal - one of those few times that I like the story more than the main characters? I can't make sense of it more then that. It felt rushed but I was ready for it to be finished.

We hung out with Jamie's parents Friday at the baseball game.
Then date night (6 hours flew by!) bar hopping around deep ellum (the revival!). Black Swan Saloon is definitely on-point.
Eleven Hundred Springs - my goodness these guys should be famous.
I don't understand!