Thursday, November 20, 2014

Picky Picky Picky

Tried reading a couple books in the last week or so that've failed to keep my interest....ugh. I didn't think it was hard to get my attention but lately I guess I'm a little more picky about my time. If they can't get me in the first few pages I'm done.

These are the last few that have lost my interest:
- The Goldfinch (don't feel sorry for you. sorry.)
- Lux YA series (Not reading past book #3, it seems like she's just adding fluff with a cliffhanger each time)
- Splintered YA series (Alice in Wonderlandish eh. Finished it, liked the imagination and that the lead wasn't a pushover but have no interest in the next of the series. It should've ended there.)
- Amythyst - (historical romance blah blah)

I used to be one of those (many) people picky about trying different types of food too. So glad I'm not like that anymore.

If I was, I never would've eaten Cuban food in Miami and I never would've had a wonderful lunch at the Cuban restaurant near me today - pan con lechon, arroz/frijoles negros, yuca frita con mojo mmm just so YUMMY! Hopefully one day we can go to Cuba with no restrictions. UPDATE!: Today 12/17/14 it was announced that the US will formalize relations with Cuba. I sure hope they don't Americanize, especially before I get there).