Monday, November 3, 2014

dignity and courage

Read Winning Miss Wakefield, pretty sure I've read this scenario before: rejected regency girl gets the courage to kiss the rake, he offers to help her get her rejector (is that word?) back but ends up falling for her instead. 
It's been done better. This one wasn't bad though. Not very believable, but it was entertaining for what it was.

Now, I'm re-reading some of my favorite Psy-Changeling books by Nalini Singh (just cause i can). Clay and Talin's story and all they went through...
The one that really just sucker punched me was Tangle of Need though. Seriously, my heart hurt, I don't think I was ever more involved in characters as I was with Adria and Riaz.  Nalini Singh is in my top 5 of all time for sure.

And so...back to reality (and speaking of heart hurt) - I saw the news about Brittany Maynard. Such courage. Hope she went peacefully as she wished. I am a death with dignity advocate and will make my yearly donation on Giving Tuesday (December 2).