Tuesday, March 15, 2016

nothin but dust

Jamie's parents sold their lake house - we spent the weekend helping them get ready for a garage sale.

It's a little sad this progression into twilight years for them...they really loved that house - I wish Jamie's sister was a little less locked in her world/drama to realize that she won't have them around much longer. 

Jamie realized it this weekend.

the good part was his mom started drinking at 5:30 "cause she deserved it", by 8 she told everyone "I can do whatever the f I want" and by 9:00 she went to bed and "slept like a rock".

Bet not a lot of wives have fun stories of their mother in laws like that to tell.... ha. 

Read #2 Penny Reid - Friends without Benefits -  but it was pretty slow. Def liked the first one better.
Almost finished with Some Sort of Love - Melanie Harlow - and i dunno something wasn't really clicking here and I was able to put it down.

I'm getting really beat down by the election - at this point I'd say I'd vote for the person who pushes to make Texas exempt from Daylight Savings Time...then at least I'd feel I have one of my "representatives" on my side - even if I don't agree with anything else they think. I can compromise.

Unfortunately the one Texas representative that suggested this DST exemption is so completely against and utterly uncompromising to so many things I think matter, that I'm basically exhausted.

and so we Eli & Young band