Tuesday, March 29, 2016

the big easy (or not my kinda friend)

New Orleans good - as always.
We re-hit a few of our places - lord those bbq shrimp poboys at liuzza's by the track get better and better....

Didn't have time to test more really for the one day we were there.
It's definitely different meeting up with a group of people out there.
I guess I've just gotten so used to how Jamie and I travel -  its hard to compromise and adjust to people who don't travel like us?
With two things especially - sharing food and spending money

...I mean Jamie and I have shared food with people we just met at the bar - if you're acting that funny about it around a mutual group of friends,  I can already tell being direct friends is probably not going to happen.

AND I get being money conscious -  but the whole "to the penny" splitting is a little exhausting and really telling.

OH and dammit I saw that Amy Schumer was there and saw the Rebirth Brass Band off Frenchmen St!
I would've left her alone (or maybe I might have stared at her like this for a bit....)

who knows...I do know she freakin hilarious and that she likes the RBB.
Two checks on my list for being my kinda gal.....

I had it as an option to go see them - OF COURSE I DID -  we couldn'tve made it though...Jamie was already too much to handle,  and that was with us calling it an early night....

regardless I think we're on to something with these weekend trips. We might be doing more, more often.

I think we're gonna lay off the group trips for a while though - unless it's with people we know aren't gonna bring us down, cause who wants debbie downers on a vacation? seriously.

books
Elizabeth Hoyt - Ice Princess - i actually thought it was a well written girl in bad circumstances gets herself out story...just really short...if it was a bit more fleshed out I think it would've been better.
Denise Hunter  - Married till Monday - second chance story. I finished it but not really sure I liked it. Nice, normal guy tries to overcome complicated abused girl issues.
Stephanie Perkins - Anna and the French Kiss - a more mature YA I liked she realized there's a whole wide world out there. The whole back and forth got a little old .