Tuesday, September 6, 2016

friends/of friends, the buckle in my eye and a reading frenzy....

total reading frenzy this weekend,
except Sunday - we had people over.
Like 10 people? - that's a good amount - friends/friends of friends. It was nice and fun and all...especially when everything's not solely on us to feed everyone.
I think Jamie needed the socialization more than I thought...

I just get a little tired having to clean/pick up after people. I thought we were kinda past the age where people just leave their shit everywhere? Or gals?...I mean -  could we go a little old school and help a gal out with the dishes maybe?

Here's an example of a cultural difference....you can always tell when people weren't raised around a big family. I go in to someone's house knowing that you bring something, (at the very least your beverage of choice) and you (especially the women) always help the hosts consolidate/clean at strategic times for when the next round of hunger happens. ...but oh well...whatever. Really I'm just bitching...it's not that bigga deal - and certainly less expensive than going out, that's for sure. 

Just had my eye check up for my scleral buckle  - he says I'm good. May seems like forever ago - or maybe I just want to forget that it happened. Still getting used to it though....I can feel it stretch when I move my eyes to the right. Def notice floaters/flashes more, especially when my eyes are tired.  He wants to see me back in a year - we'll see how things'llve changed.

Finished
Elisa Braden's -new Viola's story  - Good story. jerkface moment! you don't ever go see your old girlfriend!ugh. 
Carrie Pilby - not sure how this got on in my queue?...didn't have high expectations but was pleasantly and thoroughly entertained! More than a few introvert/relate-able scenarios. I saw that it's going to be a movie. I hope they don't dumb it down...
1 and 3 of Christi Caldwell's scandalous - good getaway as always. ugh the blind-ness
Re-read - Sweet Ruin - it's funny how i seem to like Kresley Cole's books more the more I read them....